Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PfSense and NxFilter

Hi
    I've been trying to install Nxfilter on my pfsense setup following the instructions on Install NxFilter on pfSense, which link to deepwoods git hub page.

I have ran the script but get /usr/local/nxfilter/bin/shutdown.sh: java: not found. I cant browse the to nxfilter web gui.

I know nxfilter uses java and it would appear java is not installing. Is there a way to install Java separately
    Thanks

I will talk to Rob about this.

Comment

Thank you for looking into this for me.

Comment

I pushed an update to my github repo that should work with later versions of pfSense. I've only tested it myself on v2.5.2 and v2.6.0 so far. I've also updated and included more information in the README. https://github.com/DeepWoods/nxfilter-pfsense

Rob

Comment

Rob,
          Thank you for looking into the so quickly. I will reinstall PFSense and follow the new instructions.

AD3000

Comment

Sounds great. I've only tested it briefly and I don't run pfSense in production so let me know if there's any issues with the script.

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob

We have managed to get nxfilter running on PFSense. However looking at the console output of install. We noticed this message:

This OpenJDK implementation requires fdescfs(5) mounted on /dev/fd and
              procfs(5) mounted on /proc.

If you have not done it yet, please do the following:

mount -t fdescfs fdesc /dev/fd
              mount -t procfs proc /proc

We manually ran the two mount commands above, which appears to change the /proc directory contents.
              Only after running these two mount commands does the NXFilter web gui launch.

AD3000

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Did you happen to save the entire output from the install? The reason I ask is those two particular commands are included in the install script already and should have ran and taken care of the OpenJDK persistence issue. Below is the relevant portion of the install script.

Code:
                # Add the fstab entries required for OpenJDK to persist:
                if [ $(grep -c fdesc /etc/fstab) -eq 0 ]; then
                echo -n "Adding fdesc filesystem to /etc/fstab..."
                echo -e "fdesc\t\t\t/dev/fd\t\tfdescfs\trw\t\t0\t0" >> /etc/fstab
                echo " ok"
                fi

if [ $(grep -c proc /etc/fstab) -eq 0 ]; then
                echo -n "Adding procfs filesystem to /etc/fstab..."
                echo -e "proc\t\t\t/proc\t\tprocfs\trw\t\t0\t0" >> /etc/fstab
                echo " ok"
                fi

# Run mount to mount the two new filesystems:
                echo -n "Mounting new filesystems..."
                /sbin/mount -a
                echo " ok"
                Rob

Comment

I tested Rob's script again and confirmed that I have those 2 entries in /etc/fstab by the script.

Comment

HI
                    I did fresh build yesterday and NXfilter GUI just worked. I dont know what happened the first time.

Thank you for your help.
                    AD3000

Comment

Working...
                    X